Thanks to MidwayUSA for making this program possible!
What is the JST Program?
ATA Clubs recruit qualified participants to shoot the events listed below, and the ATA reimburses the clubs (subject to available funding) for educating new shooters in trapshooting. In its first year of inception, the amount allocated for this program will be $1,250.00. It will be available on a first come, first serve basis. The details are as follows:
- Up to $108* per participant, per year, for a six-week fall league (12 boxes ammo, 12 rounds of targets), to be shot after the Grand.
- Up to $108* per participant, per year, for six-week spring league (12 boxes ammo, 12 rounds of targets), to be shot before the state and zone shoots.
- Up to $45* per participant, per year, for one ATA registered State shoot (4 boxes ammo, 100 targets)
- Up to $45* per participant, per year, for one ATA registered Zone shoot (4 boxes ammo, 100 targets)
- Up to $45* per participant, per year, for the Grand (4 boxes ammo, 100 targets)
Qualifications for the participant in this program are as follows:
- Not to have shot ATA registered targets prior to August 31, of the current year to be eligible for the fall league.
- Not to have shot ATA registered targets prior to August 31 of the prior year to be eligible for the spring league and/or the State, Zone, or Grand events.
- Be no younger than 10 and no older than 14 on the date the event is shot.
- Successfully completed NRA Shotgun Shooting Course
If your club meets the above qualifications, please submit the form below to ATA, attention: Junior Shooting Trust, 601 W National Road, Vandalia, OH 45377. If you are a shooter who meets the above qualifications, please inform the gun club! All reimbursements will be made to the gun club.
Depending on the amount of money remaining at the time of the Grand American, junior shooters may apply for grant money and when allocated, money will be made payable directly to the shooter. More information will be made available before the Grand American on the ATA web site.
*This amount may be occasionally adjusted by the ATA, as deemed necessary.
Click here to download the form
If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation to the Junior Shooting Trust Fund, please call Mindy at 937-898-4638 ext. 539 or email at email@example.com
Your donation will be deposited directly to the Endowment and will increase future amounts for gun clubs and youth shooters!